Question

Harald85

credit score impact of new card, utilization ratio under 10%, lenght of credit 2 years
Hi, I'm trying to determine the impact on my credit score for my specific situation.
My credit is good 775, age of credit history 2 years, total accounts 7, utilization ratio 1%, 2 hard inquires, no derogatory remarks, 100% payment history. There's a new offer from Delta 70000 bonus miles when signing up. It seems like to good a deal to pass up.
But how will it impact my personal credit score. My utilization is low, 2 hard inquires, only 2 years of credit history. I care more about raising my score than having another card but on the other hand the number of accounts on my report is low.
Any advice is very much appreciated.

I'd go for it

I've added 4 new accounts in the past month.  My scores dropped between 2-3 points per inquiry, but went up 10-15 points each time the new credit account was added to my reports.  So, in my situation with credit scores starting around 675, there was an immediate drop of 2-3 points per account, so a drop back of 8-12 points, but within a few weeks my scores were substantially higher; 700-710 currently.  I have 6 hard inquiries over 2 years now, with 2 about to be aged off in a month.  My utilization rate was under 5% when applying, and is now under 2%.  So, with you being in a substantially stronger credit position than me, the negative effect may be even less, and positive effect even more.