Question

hoperichards

Credit Score Drppped 18 Points for Getting a Credit Card?
My husband and I applied for a credit card this week. He applied as the primary person and added me as an authorized user. He has better credit than I do (because he has had a credit card previously). Applying and getting approved for the card didn't affect his credit score at all. Mine, unfortunately, dropped 18 points. This seems absolutely insane. I've never had bad payment history. It made the "age of my credit account" much lower but Credit Karma is showing I don't have a credit card still. I've never had one before so that's the only reason I can see it dropping. Can anyone explain why it dropped so much??

There is a guide here on CK about credit cards.  A credit card usually requires a "hard inquiry."  Usually your credit takes a hit when this is done,  it will go back up once you guys report positive and on time payments to the bureaus.

Mine dropped 80 points after new card that they suggested I get to rebuild credit. I get that! I was rebuling my credit I raised it 106 points now dropped it 82 Just dissapointing after allthe effort I put in it. Just wondering how long it will take to go back up!

Rebuilding credit and it went up 102 points. Then I applied for credit card and it dropped 82. Just disappointing after all the effort. Just wondering how long thats gonna take to go back up :((