Question

Tobybb

Credit score drops 7 points from 0% utilization to 9%
I am new to credit score.
My bank reports my credit card status every month on the closing date. I usually pay off everything before the closing date so my balance is always 0%. My score goes up 2 to 3 point every month with on time payment.
However, I was told 0% utilization might be considered as inactive. Therefore, I paid just some this month and kept my balance 9% Of the limit. Unfortunately, my score drops 9 points.
Does anybody know why?

Don't pay before the closing date, but after it and before the due date.  It's a bit of a balancing act, but it works.  And a 7 point change is a minor 'blip'.  Nothing to worry about.  The articles here explain credit very well and are worth taking the time to read.