Question

zr299

credit score dropping with utilization
ok ive been using my card for about 6 months and have paid my balance even before the statement comes out. i sometimes go over the stupid 50% limit but never max out and pay my balance. so now i look at my account and my score has dropped 15 points! seems trans and equifax arent updating the same. i only have a 200 dollar limit so using it through the month im gonna go over the 50% limit. im afraid at this point its gonna keep dropping at every update even though i pay my balance. this is crazy! what am i doing wrong?

When your utilization goes over 30% you start to get penalized pretty good. The good news about "credit utilization" is that any damage to your score is only temporary and your scores will fluctuate month to month along with your credit utilization. A few points up and down is nothing to be concerned about, just make sure your score is optimized before applying for any more credit. Keep an eye on your FICO scores too when you are building credit.