Question

mp7ski

Credit score dropped when when expected to rise...?
My credit score was holding at about 715 for a few weeks. Over a year ago I was at about 650 and after paying on my student loans steadily on time and a credit card, I brought it up. I'd always use about 70 -100 dollars of a 3000 dollar limit, let that balance hold until about a week before it was due and then pay it off with no problems and it kept rising. Then a few weeks ago everything changed. I used about 48 dollars of the 3000 dollar limit at the beginning of the month and it wasn't due for another 3 weeks, but was reported to credit karma and my score dropped. It wasn't reported as late or anything it just dropped a couple points cause I had a balance of 48 dollars at the time. Never had it done this before. Then I got another credit card figuring it would help my score since I only had 5 total accounts on my credit. 6 would move me from very poor to poor for total accounts. Was approved for 4500 dollar limit and scored dropped a point like expected due to hard inquiry but then, I used about 200 dollars of the 4500 dollar limit a week after I activated the card and planned on paying it off a week before it was due, but shortly after using the card, the 200 dollars was reported on my credit score and my score dropped 6 points... why is this happening? I'm not late, I'm using less than 10 % of my limit and paying it off a week before my due date that month. Why is it droppimg. I expected it to rise with a new account added. I don't get it, do they expect you to just never use the card? It makes no sense, any help will be appreciated

First off, it sounds like you are not having any problems getting good credit cards and it sounds like you are extremely responsible with credit. That said, I would not worry too much about what you see here with the Vantage scores. I advise you to check out your FICO scores from time to time.