Question

ChrisCav83

Credit score dropped when CK started showing Equifax and Trans Union together
I logged on this morning (8am EST, 1/22/15) to check my score and everything looked "normal". When I logged in just now (8:30pm EST 1/22/15), I see that CreditKarma now shows you Equifax as well as TransUnion. I also noticed my TU score is now lower. Any thoughts on why my score dropped 10 points between this morning now? it does not seems as though anything on my report has changed, nor has my CC utilization.... Did anyone else notice this?

Update time.

This is the day of the week that the credit scores are updated and, considering the number of accounts, it's going to take a little time for all to get updated, even in this fast-paced computer world. That is the reason for the change between morning and afternoon ( which I think is the time you did post, but the times are not recorded in theis forum.

Hi Chris, 

Sorry for the confusion. When you logged into the new site, you should have seen an introduction to the new score model we are providing. We are no longer providing the TransUnion New Account score. We have begun to provide members with a VantageScore 3.0 from Equifax and TransUnion, as well as the full credit reports. Your score didn't necessarily change, the formula used to calculate it did. Comparing 2 scores from 2 different models is a bit of an "apples or oranges" comparison. You can learn more about why we chose the new model here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/VantageScore-3-0