Question

randomacts13x

Credit score dropped twice in a week for no reason
My credit is currently in the rebuilding process... I started back in October, 2013, with a score in the very low 500's. Now as of this past month I was sitting a much nicer 621... I've settled all negative accounts except for whatever is on my history, rehabilitated a past student loan that went in default, and have had a new auto loan since May of 2012. I have since this past October opened 3 credit cards, and 3 store credit accounts. My score has been skyrocketing on a steady upward trail for the past 6 months. But as of March 31, 2014 my score randomly dropped 21 points, then on April 4, 2014 dropped another 7 points. My VantageScore had dropped 1 on March 31 and then another 7 on April 4. So in that short period of time it has dropped a total of 28 points and no changes to my credit have been made. If anything the utilization of my credit cards have gone down and 1 credit card even just got a raise in credit limit. No new inquiries since the last one that posted in early February and nothing has been late... only early payments. I dont understand and I am dreading the 11th when the next update is because I dont want to see all my hard work go down the drain because of something that is out of my control.

It feels like I am fighting a losing battle.

I would assume your credit score dropped because your average age of accounts has dropped by adding all of those new accounts. Your average account age has a moderate impact on your credit score.