Question

ffeliciano2006

Credit score dropped significantly after getting my first credit card.
I just got my first actual credit card to help build my credit. Instead my credit score dropped significantly for "opening an account". I don't get it, it did the opposite. Please HELP.

Hi ffeliciano2006! It is normal for your credit score to drop after opening up a credit line. However, this should only be temporary and your score should experience a speedy recovery. The best way to ensure that your score improves is to make all payments on time, keep balances low, and avoid opening any new accounts. You mentioned your score dropped significantly though- this shouldn't be the case when you just open an account. Have you pulled your actual credit score or are you looking on CK? CK isn't always accurate, so don't fret if you see a significant decrease in your score here.