Question

smiththe

Credit Score dropped from 761 to 708 in one month
I booked a trip to New Zealand on my credit card for $13,000 (to earn the travel points). I paid off the credit card in full the same month without carrying any balance. My credit score still dropped 50 points over night due to poor credit utilization? Will it go back up to normal after next month and they see the credit card was paid off in full? I have zero negative marks against me and a perfect credit history. I dont understand how this could happen if I have never carried any credit card balance over.

When your utilization returns to a normal range, you'll receive points for this.  Next time, make your payment before the reporting date as opposed to the date the payment is due to avoid such a drop in the future.