Question

jondurain

Credit score dropped by 18 points! Whats happening?
Hello,

My credit score dropped from 790 to 772 in one month and I'm not sure if its a mistake with this website or something I did to change that. I recently opened a new (I now have 4 credit cards) and put some purchases on it - I still have under 10% credit utilization across the board but on the new card I'm using 40% of the credit line. Is this whats causing my score to go down? Or is it simply because I got a new credit card that dropped my Credit Age by about 6 months? Will it continually go down? I just want to know whats causing my score to go down so I can fix it asap. Thank you

As always, to determine the cause(s) of any scoring change you have to carefully review reports from before and after the change.  We do not have access to your reports and cannot answer your question for you.

40% on one card, lowering your AAoA, incurring hard pulls will have a negative impact.  on idea if that's it or if there are other reasons as well.