Question

MrsWms39

Credit score dropped but I don't know why!!
Over the last six months, I have been diligently watching over my credit score. I have gotten credit card from a department store & one from capital one. I have made sure to pay all bills on time & I've kept my usage down around 3% to 4%. I have been steadily climbing. I haven't done any new inquiries or anything, but one of my scores dropped 9 points & the other 11. When I saw it, I almost cried!!. I'm trying so hard. I have fair credit standing, but I am trying to get into the good credit standing. I had 558 for both & now....I'm back in the 540's!! Why?!! What could I have done wrong? I don't have any new derogatory marks or anything against me. I'm really freaking out about it. Can anyone help figure out what has happened to my scores? Thank you in advance for any advice that is offered.

Scores can Fluctuate all the time

You don't have to do anything wrong.  It can be something as minor as a new account finally cross reporting or a payment that hasn't reported yet, or Which way the wind blows that day.  Things like opening new accounts or even paying one off can make your score drop. Sometimes you never find out why.

if there are no negitive accounts then I would venture to say that your score will probably bounce back within a couple of weeks.  When i was working on repairing my credit, Sudden changes used to scare me too. But I've learned that changes like this tend to be temporary and will correct themselves rather quickly.

Hold fast, Keep making your payments, Do the right things and your score should reflect that soon.