Question

thankslife

Credit score dropped after reporting money wasn't returned to my account.
I made a purchase using my american eagle credit card at my local Macys, a few days later i returned the items and the money was never returned to my account. I called Macys and they told me to contact my card which I did. I told them that I had made a refund at Macys and the amount never reflected on my account even after two weeks. I recieved an email saying " We have received your inquiry regarding the disputed transaction(s) on your account. We will review all the information available to us as we conduct an investigation of your dispute." My credit score dropped from a 703 to around a 637. I dont understand why my credit score went down so much and was hoping someone knows why this happened ?. I'm new to this whole credit thing and it is really freaking me out. Much thanks in advance. 

Most Helpful Response

First, it's an assumption that two are related, we don't know and can't see your credit profile to say one way or the another. Second, if it's directly related? Then could possibly cus by the high(er) utilizations.