Question

deputymcgahe

Credit score dropped 9 points due to lost/stolen card
I had to call credit card company and request a new card due to fact lost/stolen and my credit score dropped 9 points. I looked at my credit report and it was reported that they closed account and opened a new one. Trying to figure out if it can be disputed did not want to close account just needed to get new card with different number. I have read that in this case they just transfer the account but in my case they reported account closed. With them doing that credit score fell 9 points. I am in process of rebuilding my credit and when I saw this all of the work to get credit score improved seems like it has been for nothing!!!! Can I dispute this or is this something the credit card company can fix?

Most Helpful Response

Your credit report should even out soon

I have seen this on a number of occasions when my credit card company has issued me a new credit card number.  The old number is in effect closed and the one replacing it shows as new.  Within a couple reporting cycles everything returns to normal as a single account.  The 9-point drop is likely to be temporary.

I wouldn't go down the route to dispute it until you've give it some time to correct itself.

Your score will straighten out soon

I have see this on a number of occasions when my credit card company has issued me a new credit card number.  The old number is in effect closed and the one replacing it shows as a new account.  Within a couple reporting cycles everthing returns to normal as a sinble account.  The 9-point dorp is likely to be temporary.

I wouldn't go down the route to disput it until you've given it some time to correct itself.

ID Stolen

We had perfect credit until our credit was stolen.  Worked with Pacific Debt out of California to clean up our credit.  Will it ever get better?   

That is terrible, I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you'll let me help!
I do 100% charity support.

Please feel free to contact me, I will help get you back on track as fast as possible.

http://www.RebuildRepairCredit.com

This just happened to me

A bit frustrating. I wanted a new card number not a new account number. 7 points down, disappointing. Just activated new card. CHecked creditkarma and only 2 accounts show open instead of 3. Just activated new credit card I received so I hope to see this reflect in the new cycle. Feeling annoyed :(

How long do charge off account stay

How long do charge off accounts stay on your reports.  I went through a really nasty divorce and my credit went through hell.  I tried  arrangements with some of the company but the payments that they wanted I could not afford.  Everyone said to go to CCCS I went to them, and they were a big help but still my accounts are showing charged off.  Anything I can do, or do I have to just wait a certain period of time before they drop off.   And do they really drop off and if so how long.  Or was I was misleaded.