Question

vatrader01

Credit score dropped 82 points after getting / using medical credit card
Needed cataract surgery, opted to have lasik surgery at same time at reduced cost. Insurance would not cover lasik. Clinic recommended a credit card [CARECREDIT / SYNCHRONY BANK ] to cover the cost that insurance would not cover. I was approved for a $4800.00 limit. Surgery expenses not covered by insurance came to $4000.00. I put that expense on the card. NOW my credit score took a 82 point nose dive. [731 to 649]. How can I boost my credit score back up, short of immediately paying off / down this medical credit card?