Question

vg1288

Credit Score dropped 65 points, why?
I had a tax lien on my credit report that showed the status of PAID, then i was advised by a friend who does credit reapirs to go to court and get a letter of satisfaction to send to the bureaus. The day before I went to court, my score was at 620, once i got the letter it's a 555. I only have 5 student accts that are currently under deferment, and one credit inquiry from 2013. Help!

Not Quite

Depends if it was a State of Federal tax lien.  State liens are difficult if not impossible to deal with, typically you just have to wait them out.  Federal liens are easy if they are paid.  The IRS has a Fresh Start Program.  Under this program you can request to have paid/settled liens removed from your report.  Fill out an IRS from 668Y and send a certified copy to each of the three credit bureaus.  Stay on top of them because they dont always do it and you may have to pester them, buy it is do-able.

Search the Fresh Start Program for details.  Good luck.