Question

dancudds

Credit score dropped 22 points in 1 week for no reason
For a year I've been lucky enough to be between 765 and 770. Today I log in, and with no changes posted to my account, I drop to my lost ever, 748. Absolutely zero changes are posted to my account from last week. I would expect such a drop from a new enquiry, closing a loan etc, but nothing!

Most Helpful Response

To truly find out what may have happened, I suggest you obtain a copy of your full credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.  Go over it carefully to be sure everything on there is correct.  Since this website uses TransUnion, you could get request a report from Equifax or Experian to get different data.  Dispute anything that is not yours or incorrect.  Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it too much.  748 is still a very good score and these scores are just aids to help you manage your credit - they really don't mean anything to anyone else.  Plus, there's always the possibility it will go up again this Friday.  Hope this helps!

Thanks Addison - that's a fine idea. I'll wait to see what happens on the next refresh and get the full report. I also have experian monitoring and no changes in my score have been posted there.

A week later and my creditkarma is still at 765. Experian hasn't changed and Transunion has posted any changes to my account. I know it seems petty when I have a high credit score but it's frustration that this is out of my control and understanding. Those 22 points could be a lot of $$$ if I was closing on a mortgage this month.

I ordered my annual Transunion report and everything looked rosey - other than Chase had a remark last month on my account as 'DRG'. A quick Google confirms this is 'derogatory'.

I'm now following-up with Chase to find out why full payment 100% of the time, 100% on time means they'll add this note.

Interestingly, the 'rating' was 'OK' for all cards on all months.

Oh and Credit Karma is showing anything in 'Derogatory Remarks'