Question

Magoojr

Credit score dropped
After disputing an item on report and having it removed, my score dropped 30 points. Curious as to why it would drop instead of not going up?

It should bounce back.

Remember that the scoring system was originally designed by the Big Banks and Financial institutions to protect them from making bad loans.

When you dispute something, they don't like it.  They will even note on your accounts the results of any disputes you file.  

My score dropped 53 points on 1of my credit report for a dispute on a charge to one of my CC accounts. They found in the merchants favor so I still had to pay the debt but my score dropped as a warning to other lenders that I may not be just a passive customer but a trouble maker.

The reality is that these kinds of dings to your score are basicly temporary,  Go about your business, make your payments on time and your scores will generally bounce back in a couple of months.