Question

nli03

credit score drop for no reason?
Hi,
I just found that my credit score dropped from 718 to 711. However, the only thing I did was to try to apply for a new credit card (Citi Dividend), and got approved. The time my score dropped is the exact time when I found I got approved though.
In the application process, citi never pulled my TransUnion credit report.they did pull Experian.
So my score dropped because I got approved with my new credit card?? Please help me:)
Thank you in advance

Most Helpful Response

Don't worry. What happened is perfectly normal. When you apply for credit, your score nearly always takes a small "ding." (It can be a big ding if you've been applying for a lot of credit in a short time.) Then when you get a new card, sometimes you'll get another small ding, sometimes a small increase (depends on a lot of factors).

The good news is that your score should rebound after a few months of good management of the new credit and in the long run it should benefit you.

nli03

Good to know, and thank you so much for the reply:)

credit score dropped and no hits taken

My credit score dropped 42 points from 715 to 673. I have no idea why. There were no hard inquiries to my credit. I didn't drop any cards. All of my cards were payed on time. Noone looked at my credit. I do have a credit card for 1700.00 that when I got it bumped my credit score because I was approved. Does this wear out over time. Its paid so nothing bad. I had good credit now fair and no idea why?

Drop in credit score

dec. 13 score was 648. Dec. 28 score is 608. A drop of 38 points. Went over with a fine tooth comb; only activity was one of my two public record accounts dropped off. Shouldn't I see an IMPROVEMENT in my score?

decreased credit score

Hi,

My credit score decreased from 767 to 709. I had made a payment of 3,746.3 on discover card within few days of expenditure. But the discover card was still showing in the balance. I thought it might be taking some more time to show but i did not know that it was going to lower credit score because of unpaid debts. Should I call the disocover bank for that? will my  score go to the same level on the next update?

thank you.

Same thing here  . Had 700 ck score  app for  new acc barclay  rewards mastercard   Got  aproved, after   Updated  my  score  i saw  the  barclay  account  there and  my  score  go up to 722 . Then  i.ve  updated  my  file  again  a  week  later  cuze  i  wanted  to  see  if  my  balance  on  the  credit  cards  are  reported  . Uhhhhh   I  so  708 score  but  nothing was  changed on my report  but  14 points  down  ? I  guess  not  very  unreliable  scors  here .i, ve  seen  and  others  ppl  talking  this .at  least  on  my  orher  sites  where  i see  my  repord  evrething  is  same :)

seems to me that you folks are over-thinking this credit thing.  I have NEVER been late with a payment ( I am 66 years old), have never defaulted on a loan or had any other bad experiences with debtors or credit.  My score is 755, why not 850?  are you educated beyond your intelligence or paying attention to too many unimportant details?  looks like an overhaul in your methods is in order.  some times you folks are like dealing with Congress