Question

jhagen51155

Credit Score Drop?
Today I checked my credit score to find it had dropped by 5 points. The only thing that has happened in the last year has been the Target mess. Two of the businesses I have cards with issued me new cards on their own. One of them canceled the old card but the other one did not. Is this the reason for my credit score drop?

Most Helpful Response

Don't sweat 5 points.  The scores you see here aren't your actual FICO scores, those are the only scores that count.  These scores are just for grins & giggles and to help you monitor your credit health.  Lots of things can account for a score drop, such as inquiries, the cancelled card, utilization, etc.  Go to www.myfico.com to learn more about how your credit scores are calculated.  Best of luck.