Question

Gremm99

Credit Score Discrepancy
I received a credit card rejection by mail. The letter cited a specific credit score from Equifax as of 8/16/15, which is 73 points less than the score showing for Equifax on Credit Karma that same date. I know that for a fact because that is the date I applied for the card online, and had checked the scores on Credit Karma before doing so. I would like to know why the big discrepancy and how I would about disputing it. Thank you.

You cannot dispute it. You need to start reading about the different scoring models for credit. The scores that you get here are Vantage scores, but most lenders use a version of FICO scores and that would probably explain the big difference that you see.