Question

Treefan

Credit score discrepancy
If my credit score on Credit Karma truly comes from Transunion then why are my Transunion scores 50 points higher when I make credit inquiries at banks or auto loan dealers? My score has been 725 for months at Transunion. When I bought a house in May it was reported as 767 to Arvest bank by Transunion. When I bought a car in August it was again reported as 767 to the auto dealer - all the time being 725 at Credit Karma. Why the discrepancy?

Most Helpful Response

Your CK score is calculated by CK. Even your true credit score does not come from TransUnion. Your true credit score comes from either FICO or one of the other specialized credit scoring companies.

Your CK credit score displayed here is only an estimation based on the information CK receives from TransUnion.