Question

Jiri1979

credit score differences
My TRANSUNION credit score on Credit Karma is 740 - pretty good, right.
Today with a product such as credit card, companies offer free credit score too... So I had an opportunity too see my Transunion credit score at different places. Obviously they use different method to calculate the score but again - I have to STRESS OUT that I'm talking about TRANSUNION score ONLY!!!
So my Transunion Credit score
on Credit Karma is 740
Selflender showing me 622
and a couple of days ago I was denied Chase credit card and in the letter from them they sent me that my score is 598

All tree numbers are TRANSUNION

Most Helpful Response

READ

This is a topic that has been discussed on these boards for years..........Learn about the different types of SCORING MODELS to see why a score might be different from comnpany to company using the same data set.

Jiri1979

I fully understand that there are different scoring models - but still having a score from one Agancy in the range from 740 to 598 is weird. 

Nomadre

Jiri, 

I think you understand, but just so I am clear.  You get no score form Tansunion, lenders get no score from transunion, CK gets no score from transunion.  Transunion, is only a database of your credit history.  CK then takes that data and plugs it into Vantage to come up with a score.  Your Selflender took that same data from Transunion and put it into a different one, maybe a FICO2 (or even one they made up themselves), and then Chase took the same data from Transunion and maybe they put it into FICO8.

Tansunion may give you a score if you ask them when you pull a yearly report, but they might use FICO23 who knows. Lenders themselves do not get a score from Transunion though, just the data.

Each model will rate different factors higher.  A homelender wants to see very low credit card usage, and needs to see diversity. A credit card lender may actually like to see higher usage, but if you have any late payment it will kill you. These are only examples of how the score can vary.  Not as large as yours, but typically I am about 20-30 points lower (than shown here in CK) for a car loan, and yet for a home loan I was 40-60 higher than what CK shows.  so this is about a 90 point difference between the two within a few months, with no major change in the score here at CK just a couple points drop due to the hard inquiry

One Last Time

TransUnion has Well over 30 Different Credit Score Models,   what you are showing us are from 3 different Score Models.

Do you Get it yet?

Jiri1979

I wrote that I have 3 different scores based on 3 different models from one Credit Agancy - I did not ask about anything - I just made a statement about it .  And you Icuhowie you are telling me that I simply got 3 different scores based on 3 different models from one Credit Agancy. 

Next time you can simply copy and paste my own words......  :)