Question

Shay9795

Credit score confusion.
I'm 21 years old and my credit score is terrible. I have one student loan, one medical bill and one electric bill not paid. The rest is from a family member using my name before I turned 18 that they never paid. In the next two years I want to buy a house and get established but I know before that I can do that I have to get my score up. I'm just very confused as to where to begin. Any advice would be more than helpful. Thank you!

First thing to do would be to check all three credit reports and dispute all wrong items on each of them.  Then work on getting the debts paid and that is where the Statute of Limitations on Collections and how to do a 'pay for delete' would come in.  Those items are covered in the articles here and will help you, as well as the information on how to build your credit score. I honestly suggest waiting a bit before buying a house to give you the opportunity to freely move at a moments notice, which can easily happen in the first years of your career building.  Wait for a house until you are absolutely positive you want to live someplace for the long term, but enjoy the chance to move and see more of the country while you can.