Question

smartmoves

Credit Score Boosting Trick via Subscriptions (Netflix) on a Card?
Im 23 with a 2.5 year old credit history, consisting of one card from Wells Fargo. All payments are on time.
I want to get te Citi Double card because the 2% is nice, but I see that its advisable to keep your first card active to establish credit age.
So the question is it a good idea to keep my Netflix subscription on my WFC card, set to be automatically paid off via online account? So that it shows constant ontime payments everymonth for it even though its just 8.99. While I use my Citi Card as my main card for everything else.

Is it a good idea for my credit score? To basically double the number of ontime payments I make every month?

Having a regularly occurring debt such as NetFlix or other account paid automatically by credit card and you pay off credit card regularly every month works great!! This is what a friend does since he works out of town a lotand his credit score is excellent!! You are thinking quite intelligently on this.  Just be sure to keep your usage on the Citi card below 20% and it's best to pay that in full every month, too.  Your score is going to be improvoing all the time when you [make smart decisions like this.