Question

Jh0688Cred

Credit score advice for credit card authorized user ect.
I have been an authorized user on someone's credit card account since the late 90's that unfortunately passed away about 5 years ago & on one credit agency it still shows that the account is open with everything in good standing or zero balance & no credit limit utilized. Suddenly last winter my score went from 800+ down to 769, then again down to 740 a few months later & now has recently dropped again to 714. I have 4% utilization & no derogatory remarks/late payments either. The credit limit is a very high limit of over $20K. Could it be that since no ones charging the card any longer that it somehow is hurting my score or that there is a high debt to income ratio even though I have a zero balance as I make under $30K annually? I think I'm going to close this account since the bank never did. Any well informed advice would be greatly appreciated!

I would leave it alone. It is not hurting you, it is helping. First, you are not penalized by the credit bureaus for not using a card and secondly, "debt to income" has no affect on your credit it is only important when applying for credit. I urge you to do some more reading on credit as it is needed.