Question

happymessss

Credit Score 579 HELP
I'm very unknowledgeable when it comes to anything credit wise. The only reason I actually started caring about my credit score was when I was denied to get a credit card when I actually thought I had "okay" credit. I recently checked and my score is 579 which was a big shock to me because I didn't think I had that much debt. I would LOVE to get my score in the high 600 range or maybe even 700 if possible. I just don't know where to start.

I paid off my credit card which I had maxed out. (So that's checked off)

Then I have two mobile accounts that went to collections. I read that you shouldn't pay the collection agency but to actually pay the creditor which I did with one of the mobile providers. (Second debt, checked off)

Now I'm left with one last bill as to which I do not know how to pay off. T-Mobile will not give me any information since it went to collections and like I said I heard it's not good to make a payment to collection agencies so I'm kind of stuck on what to do.

Any help or tips to get me to my goal of 690 or higher please!!? What worked best for you?

Give these guys a call 1 877  235  0324  Credit Pros they can help.

Never operate on "hear-say" information, but get real advice that has a proven background. The information in the articles [on this site are reliable since Credit Karma is here to teach people how credit works and how to improve their score. I have a degree in b usiness and learned more here than in all the college classes.  My score has improved greatly in just a few years.  If you would read the articles here and use the financial tools provided, you will see your score improve and will become credit smart.  You'll learn about how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement and what the Statute of Limitations on Collections is all about, and this is information you will use for the rest of your life.