Question

JRRaider

Credit Reporting Issue
Creditkarma.com as well as my credit reports are reporting a gas card as mine. I am only an authorized user on this account, not the primary cardholder or even a co-signer. Since the entire family has a gas card, a total of 4 people, the card has a high limit and a high balance. I am not the sole responsible party for this card and would like to know why this is being reported on my credit report. The account is not delinquent and it never has been. But I want to know why it is being reported on my credit report and if I have any recourse to have this removed from my report. Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

Take a look at this:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20030312a1.asp

You can also find similar explanations on the credit bureau sites.

JRRaider

Thanks so much for the helpful information!  According to the gas card company it appears that I have had a card with them since I was 7 years old!!  Did not know they could do this.  Thanks again!