Question

jlukus

Credit Reporting After discharge
I filed Chapter 13 late 2010; I was discharged in February 2016. I went to look a my credit in February this year and see they reported me being late 180+ days September and October 2016. Can they report my late payments while I was in Chapter 13 after my discharge? For example I got behind a month here and a month there; I was told April 2016's payment went to December 2015's payment. Also, when I was in Chapter 13 I made a double payment and was told I was all caught up so I took that as my account was in good standings. I wasn’t allowed to have statements mailed to me during my bankruptcy so I didn’t have any paperwork showing I was so far behind according to them. I just want to know if this is worth fighting or are they allowed to report what late payments I had while in Chapter 13 after my discharge?

I am not 100% sure on how Chapter 13 bankruptcy works, but understand that if you miss a payment it is considered a missed payment, EVEN if you get caught up in a month or two.