Question

workingoncreddit

Credit report showing a credit card that is not mine
I share the same name with my father and grandfather (different middle names). It shows that I have a credit card that's close to the max limit (but is up to date on payments) that is not mine. I'm assuming its my fathers, but this is probably hurting my credit since its close to the max amount. How can I get this off my credit report?

Write letters to all three credit bureaus and tell them the account is not yours.  You'll need to provide 2 forms of ID, like your Driver's License and a copy of your SS card (don't worry, it is safe to send to them and it will really help them figure out the problem).  It may take 2-3 letters, but keep at it until it is corrected.  Best of luck!