Question

MegaMind1921

Credit Report missing at Equifax, but I can see the same with credit karma
Hi I am trying to apply for an Auto loan. When lenders are trying to obtain my credit report from Equifax for a loan, they could not find it, but I can see the same on my credit karma account where it is written "provided by Equifax" ? Is there any way to fix this?

A thin file or Typo

A thin file means that you have no established credit.  But there should still be a file.

If you have a file with one then You have a credit report at all 3.  They cross report so even if you never have a creditor deal directly with a certain credit bureau, they will have some info on you.  The goverment also reports all 3 so there would be some public record that would generate a profile. 

Most likely there was a Typo at the lenders end.  That would be the only explaination i can think of.

When appling for an auto loan, Go into your bank and pre-qualify, Don't let car dealers try to qualify your for a loan, They are looking for the biggest kick back they can get and not always your best interest.