Question

loopness

Credit report lists the same Original Creditor twice. Example below. Is this considered a duplicate?
Here is the information for the 1st one listed on the TransUnion credit report:
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION SERVI #7364****
1643 NORTH HARRISON PKWYBUILDING H SUITE 100
SUNRISE, FL 33323
(954) 321-5957
Placed for collection: 09/22/2014
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $335
Date Updated: 09/01/2016
Original Amount: $335
Original Creditor: MEDICAL-NORTHWEST EMERG PHYS LLC (Medical/Health Care)
Past Due: >$335<
Remarks: >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 12/2020

Here is the information for the 2nd listing that is the same exact NAME and similar details:
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION SERVI #7442****
SUNRISE, FL 33323
(954) 321-5957
Placed for collection: 02/22/2015
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $441
Date Updated: 09/01/2016
Original Amount: $441
Past Due: >$441<
Pay Status: >In Collection<
Remarks: >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 05/2021

I never have kept any personal records to verify any debt (only now am I interested in starting to have a personal file for my own records) and my memory didn't serve me well, so I don't know if I showed up to the same emergency room twice so close together (a few months apart). I know that if I must see a doctor then I always go through the emergency because I have no insurance nor a regular doctor.

The reason this is important to me is because the only other two reports on my credit is also medical emergency debts and also are either duplicates or just closely similar:

PROFESSIONAL CREDIT SERV #1119136000591****
400 INTERNATIONAL WY
SPRINGFIELD, OR 97477
(541) 343-5641
Placed for collection: 04/27/2014
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $934
Date Updated: 08/08/2014
Original Amount: $895
Original Creditor: MEDICAL-PEACEHEALTH WA ST JOSEPH (Medical/Health Care)
Past Due: >$934<
Pay Status: >In Collection<
Remarks: >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 10/2020

And this is the seemingly duplicate to the one above:
PROFESSIONAL CREDIT SERV #724136000573****
400 INTERNATIONAL WY
SPRINGFIELD, OR 97477
(541) 343-5641
Placed for collection: 01/12/2014
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $1,154
Date Updated: 04/08/2014
Original Amount: $1,110
Past Due: >$1,154<
Remarks: >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 06/2020
Pay Status: >In Collection<

What is considered a duplicate on your credit report? Are these examples duplicates?

It's strange to me because I only use the emergency when I absolutely have to see a doctor or an actual emergency has happened. I never go in for follow ups or anything, so I wonder why the "Placed for collection" dates are so close...?

Also, the first two that I shared (from data: "ACCOUNT RESOLUTION SERVI"; "Original Creditor: MEDICAL-NORTHWEST EMERG PHYS LLC") are from the state I am in now (I have been here for 5 years) but it's located in a city of this state (Washington) which I know for a fact that I never visited.

Is the NAME of "Original Creditor:" (i.e. in the first duplicate example above: "MEDICAL-NORTHWEST EMERG PHYS LLC") always the exact location of where the debt was acquired and recorded? If so, then both those first two debts mentioned as the "Original Creditor" are errors or not me.

The only way to be certain is to contact the collection agent and ask them to validate the debts and to include any bills.   When you get the bills it will show the date you received the treatment and then you will know for certain.  If you have not been in contact with them previously, be prepared to start receiving telephone calls or letters.  You have the right in your letter to request all communication be done in writing.   If you were to attempt to file a dispute, nothing will come to you to validate the debts, so everything will have to come from the collection agency.   If they cannot provide substantiation, then you would file the dispute.   In the future, while I understand you don't have insurance, look for a minor medical place and even christian type service places with substantially reduced charges.   These are routinely 3-600 less then the emergency room.  For the emergency room, you pay for the hospital as well as for the doctor.  At the other places, you get one single charge.

VERY LIKELY

It appears to me that you have had many bills go to collection and the same company has bought some of those bills in some cases.  

Lets say you were in the hospital, you recieved a a bill from the doctor, anesthesiologist, pharmasist.  All three of those you do not pay and they sell the bills to a collection company, since they are all billing from the same hospital they will most likely be all sold to the same company.

Or if you had a bill to a doctor that you did not pay, he sent to collections, then a few months/years later have another bill to same doctor, then again he sent to collection.  Well it would be the same company but two different accounts.

So yes, it is VERY possible for you to have the same company, and they will report each account seperatly to the reporting agencies.

I was in a similar situation and couldn't make sense of it. So I disputed everything as being duplicate accounts. A couple of weeks later TU and EQ had everything in order. Duplicates were removed and the true valid debts were there. 

Even though I was hoping that it would ALL be removed, having the duplicate items removed made it much easier to evaluate my situation and to start resolving these past issues.