Question

coramonster2008

Credit Report Inaccuracies
Good Morning,

I need assistance in correcting two errors on my Credit Report. Due to financial difficulties following my husband abandoning my daughter and I, I filed for bankruptcy 5/05. Following the filing, there were two errors on my credit report, on top of the bankruptcy.

1.) It's being reported that I'm in collections for unpaid rent at Avalon Apartments, but that amount was put on the bankruptcy, but somehow it's showing up as in collections and NOT part of my bankruptcy. I contacted the Attorney that filed the bankruptcy for advice and she stated that it WAS on the bankruptcy and the only thing I could do is to take them to Court, which I can't afford to do. I've chose to ignore it, thinking they would eventually write it off, but it still shows up as being in collection even after all this time. Should I contact Avalon Apartments directly?

2.) In addition, I kept my car, didn't put it on the bankruptcy and continued to make payments, eventually paying it off, yet it's stated on my report that I returned the car and defaulted on the loan, which is not only showing as a negative mark on my report, but I get zero credit for actually paying off the loan. I've made attempts to correct this through Capitol One Auto and the Onyx Corp. where I made my loan payments, but all in vain. What's next?

If I'm unable to fix these problems, when will they drop off of my report, if ever? The whole 7-10 years is a bit vague to me. It's been nearly 8 years and nothing has dropped off. Is it safe to assume that the debts listed on the bankruptcy will drop in 7-10, but the two errors regarding the collections and default will not?

It's sad to think that I will be saddled with 24-29% APR's for the rest of my Life for these two errors, that were out of my control.

Respectfully,

Coleen Glass