Question

AdversePoet

Credit Report Companies Wont Remove Inaccurate Information
I had three different late fees through a creditor that were mistakes, the creditor no longer has a record of the late payments all the information that is shown is a refund of a late payment fee. I tried to dispute the information with the credit report companies but they wont remove it, one company said that because it happened "historically" it will remain on the record. This is the only negative thing on my credit report, it was an $8 balance and it has dropped my score over 100 points. I'm trying to get a loan and I don't know what other steps to take.

This is the time to contact a consumer law attorney and intend to sue the credit bureaus that are unwilling to remove this. The rep that told you it can't be removed because it is "historical" is an idiot that has no idea what they are talking about. I recommend the law group of Kimmel & Silverman if they practice in your state.

When filing any disputes, DO NOT CALL!!! Send the dispute online or in writing via 'snail mail.' and keep copies for your records.  The people answering the phones have scripts to follow, so you will not get any satisfaction that way.