Question

desertrat12

Credit report card grade disparity.
I have 4-As + 1-D to equal a 'C'. Mathematically this is impossible unless there is a weighting factor that is hidden somewhere.

Background: I carry a $400± balance on my cards (4 of 'em) and have not maxed out or defaulted on any cards or other factors. For all appearances, I'm being dinged for not using my cards enough, even though they have been used for intermittent travels & expenses- as they occur over the last 12 months.

What gives?

Your credit score is calculated by the credit bureau using the data on your credit report. The Credit Report Card is a comparison metric designed to let you know which areas of your credit history could use improvement. The overall grade is based on where your actual score falls in the 300-850 credit score range - it's not an average of your other grades. Hope this clears up some confusion!