Question

jjersey

Credit Report and Score
I am a 20 year old college student, the only cards I have are ones provided by my parents and paid by them. Their credit history is showing up on my report, how do I remove or disassociate myself from this?

If you are an authorized user on the cards then they will show up on your credit reports. I guess if you don't want that, get removed as an authorized user and get your own cards, but be aware that getting your own cards may be difficult and getting removed as an authorized user will cause damage to your credit profile. I would start working on getting your own cards FIRST, before getting removed from their cards. If information other than the cards you are authorized to use is showing up on your reports, then you would want to dispute that information with the credit bureaus reporting it. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian and they all have directions on how to dispute on their websites.