Question

Xamadeix

Credit Report Advice! Need help!
Hello! I'm currently trying to get a car loan, My credit score is a 512 from Transunion and a 487 from Experian, There's only 3 things on my credit report that are old debts, 903 to verizon in which I paid before the Holiday, and I made a payment arrangement with T-Mobile and I only have 3 payments left, Also in the works of paying off comcast. Not sure why my score is so low, Will this help my credit at all? I really need a car and I need advice on how to raise my credit score! Thank you!

Paying off old debts do not remove them from your credit report (unless you negotiate a "pay for delete agreement" prior to paying. Paying the accounts will get them marked as paid instead of unpaid and the accounts will look better under manual review, but for scoring it won't change much unless any of the debts were counting against your credit utilization. There are numerous articles on here and across the net on what you need to do to rebuild credit. For any specific questions, ask on here, and I will try to answer.