Question

MCHS2005

Credit Report Accuracy
I have poor credit due to immature decisions with credit cards and personal loans in college. However some things are not up to date and are hurting my score. Where do I start in making it accurate so I can begin to build my score again?

Most Helpful Response

Go to www.annualcreditreport.com to get your detailed credit reports. From there you can check for accuracy and be able to dispute any inaccurate information.

Monique513

Enter Your I have paid down several of my credit card balances and credit karma almost never shows the payment. When it does it is when I have used another card and my balance has increased. At this very moment it is still reporting the same balance from 4 months ago on like 5 of my accounts. As if this isnt bad enough they even went as far as to say it has increased. Thank you f
or letting me know this is a for profit site and that I am not alone in my problems with Credit Karma.

Credit karma makes its money off of the credit offers and other services it provides on its website. The idea is to show a reduced credit score to entice a consumer to apply for one of their affilates credit card offers or services to repair their credit whether it needs it or not. I relied on Credit Karma for a few months before I got my free annual credit report, I found out that the scores that are supposed to be based on a transuniion credit report are incorrect. My actual credit scores ranged from 50 to 90 points higher on my actual credit report tan the score given by credit karma. When asked to explain the difference I was referred to a forum where other people in my situation were discussing the score difference. They are a for profit business that is looking to make a profit from consumers that are not willing to pay for a real credit score or who do not know that they can get a free credit report from the government. Be aware the the free annual credit report DOES NOT INCLUDE A CREDIT SCORE. YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET A CREDIT SCORE. The cost for all three credit scores is around $35-$40, a score from one is $15.

credit score accuracy

I have paid down sevetal of my credit card balances and crdit karma almost never shows the payment. When it does it us when I have used another card and my balance had increased. At thos very moment ot is still reporting tbe same balance from 4 months ago on like 5 of my accounts. As if tjis isnt bad enough they even went as far as to say it has increased. Thank ypu gor letting me know this is a for profit site and that I am not alone in my problems with Credit Karma.