Question

phitzys

credit problems were settled 14 months ago but I need advise on getting to 700 from 689
I settled 3 credit card bills which were written off and had a 60 day late on my mortgage while in the midst of divorce. I am rebuilding my credit with help from Capital one credit card. Credit card usage is below 30%. At 689, not bad, but I would like to get to 700 again. When I simulate with the various tools from credit karma and privacy assist, paying off credit cards sometimes shows my score worsening. QWhat ca I do to move the small gap from 689 to 700. I pay my card down regularly so I am always below near 15-20% usage. I lost the car in divorce and that loan was repaid any syggestions?

Settled doesn't mean that you no longer have derogs unless you managed to negotiate pay for deletes (which is why they're always recommended).  Until the dergos weighing your score age and fall off they'll continue to drag your score down.