Question

Nezhed1

Credit Points drop question
Question, from looking at the dashboard and information that your site is presenting me it appears that my credit score has dropped by 37 points because my Matrix credit card provider switched from being a Discover Card over to being a MasterCard...

Why am I taking a hit because the provider changed their card types?

That's not the reason for the drop.  Doesn't matter if your creditor changes names, that does not calculate into your score.  Without seeing 2 month's worth of full credit reports, I can't say why your score here dropped.  But realize that the score you see here is just for education and entertainment, nobody else sees it and it is not the score your creditors use (they use FICO).  Did you shop for new credit?  Open a new account?  Close out an old account?  Lots of reasons why it could change, wish I could help more.