Question

majack3

credit one card not mine
Hello all-
There was a credit card opened in my name years ago with Credit One. I never used the card! It charged off almost 6 years ago ( statute of limitations here is 5). I have tried and tried to dispute the debt but it wont come off and Credit One also wont lend to me because of it. Everytime I try to dispute the card they send me documentation saying they served me years ago ( which I was not aware of and did not show up for court because of that). They are using this as their documentation to prove the debt is mine.. Any suggestions??

I would stop disputing it and hope that it quits updating. Everytime that you dispute an old negative account it will update and cause damage. I would just wait it out and look for other ways to build your credit. It all starts with extensive reading on the subject of credit. Do some reading on "Early Exclusion" as you can sometimes get negative accounts removed at the six and a half year mark. I also want you to question yourself as to why you would want to get another Credit One card, not a good company. Get started again with a Secured card from a reputable lender.