Question

lounbee

Credit monitoring for a minor
I tried creating an account so I can monitor my son's credit. He is a minor, but it won't let me do that. How can I get this set up?

His payroll system got breached, so I wanted to sign up for the free credit monitoring service.
Thank you

Most Helpful Response

As a minor, he is not legally entitled to enter into contracts, which is what credit accounts are.  That's his "ace in the hole" in case he later discovers that some accounts were opened using his personal information.  Even though you are his parent, you cannot legally monitor his credit record (which he shouldn't have as a minor).