Question

JeremyC1983

Credit Mix - Opening up secured credit card, I'd likr ideas for getting different types of credit
I have a credit score of 488, Im opening up a secured credit card, but I'd like more ideas for getting different types of credit, to improve Types Of Credit part of the fico score. I obviously can't get approved for any type of loan, and I don't need a car. Is there a 2nd type of secured credit card or installment loan that might show up as a personal loan or something? Thanks and have a great day!

Keep the relative weights of the factors in mind.  Credit Mix is a small factor.  Work on the big factors first.  If you have derogs then address them as they tend to have a major impact, kill your Payment History and tend to hold your scores down as long as they are on your reports.  If your revolving utilization is high then get it down as it impacts Amounts Owed, the next biggest factor.  Don't sweat over the small stuff at this stage.  Add types of credit as your financial needs dictate.  Don't just add them for scoring purposes.