Question

redescalade100

Credit lowered 40 points in a matter of 4 to 5 days?!?!?!
First right after I joined credit karma i had no idea what caused my score to go up from like a 680 to a 723 in a matter of days. I got a new car loan and was making payments maybe? not sure. Anyways. Before my score jumped up I applied for a credit card from chase. got denied and called reconsideration line. got approved for $200. well last few days I had a pretty high balance just sitting there. I was just about to pay it off almost all the way down (not waiting till its due). I have a target red card too which has $600 limit. Total credit utilization was 34% if you add up both limits. I then had 2 inquiries. One i just did to move in to a new apartment and 1 did a long time ago for bill me later. I now have 12 hard inquires. Can those 2 new little things, high balance, and 2 hard inquireies really lower me 40 points that fast?

It Makes you look deperate for money

The less activity in your credit report, the better. Search Experian + Credit Education. I would put the link up here, but credit karma doesnt like that. They make their money off advertising.

Anyway, go thru that site. It has tremendous amounts of quality information.