Question

runudown72

Credit Limit Increase
I've inquired a credit limit increase on one of my two credit cards. The increase that I qualify for is significant. I've read that an increase in credit will help debt utilization if there is a balance. What does it do for credit if there is never an outstanding balance? I pay my cards off every month, sometimes twice a month.

Most Helpful Response

Having zero utilization is bad for your credit. You need to actually use your credit to maintain a history of proper management of credit. As it is you are displaying proper management of cash. Not something credit reports do...

runudown72

My cards are used often, but paid in full and on time. This leaves no balance carried over from month to month. Do I need to leave a balance or am I on the right track?

Thanks for the reply.