Question

Posted in Taxes

WillStr1

Credit Karma Tax Payments? Do I need to do IRS Direct Pay?
I filed my taxes with Credit Karma Tax. I ended up owing some money to the IRS instead of getting a return check. I am trying to figure out if I need to send the money via IRS direct pay or is Credit Karma coordinating it similar to how they handle returns.

Same here

I enter my account information to make a payment.

Now I am worried if the payment is going through, I can't even find the page when I put in the account information anymore.

Same here

Same thing happened to me back on March 3. I remember entering my account and routing number. I am putting this here to leave a trail for a lawsuit. They are so incompetent that someone from India replied with a pasted response not even related to our plight. 

Then they responded with a number to call the IRS. The IRS does not have our info. I got fed up and directly paid the IRS yesterday. Either Credit Karma has bad code which resulted in our account data being lost, stored, or not submitted. Or they have a rogue IT member stealing account info for future gain. This is the last year I use this service. There is no free lunch.

Have you found an answer yet?

I have the same question. I was under the impression that the money was going to come out of my account automatically (I provided my account info), but after more than 3 weeks this still hasn't happened yet?

Same here

The same happened to me. I owed both state and federal and entered my bank account routing numbers. The debit is scheduled for April 10, 2017. If nothing comes out, I'll be quite worried why my data was collected and who has it now

Free service is not free

​"​I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but there's nothing nefarious going on and there is no identity theft, for direct debit the member has to select a date for the transaction to take place and if they do not do so, then it auto-selects to April 18th. You don't have to worry, everything is safe and secure.You may want to contact the IRS to get your money back.

​" - Credit Karma Member support

I do not recall being asked to enter a date. Anyway, ​no more credit karma for me. I am closing both my savings account and credit karma. Got rid of two sorry birds with one stone. You pay for what you get. No more free or cheap savings accounts. I want real people and real service and branches.

Same for me

I had a refund on my state and I owe money on my federal.  I got the state refund direct deposited pretty quickly but after four weeks nothing has been debited on federal.  I'm pretty sure I entered in my info for the money to be debited but apparently there is no way to double-check.  I tried checking with IRS but they weren't able to tell if a payment had been set up.  

Sounds all to familar

I also owed the IRS, Federal, entered in my info to pay on Credit Karma, have checked my account balance at www.irs.gov/onlineservcies and they have NO INFORMATION about what I owe. You can also get transcripts, these do show my return with a date of April 15th even though I filled them out and Credit Karma told me they were accepted in February.  Today is 4/24/2017 and still no information on the IRS web site about my account.