Question

Anon74

Credit Karma Spamming and Stealing Identities?
I have my email preferences set to "No" for "Email Me Relevant offers
Email me about special promotions and offers based on my financial situation." But today I received an email spam from Credit Karma with the subject "
A Recommendation for (my name)". In the spam it says due to my debt I should " Pay down your debt. Refinance your credit card debt with a personal loan through our trusted partner Lending Club."

Since Credit Karma is being dishonest about honoring my email preferences, how do I know they aren't going to be dishonest and steal my identity too?

First I'd make sure that I actually checked the "no" for revelant offers.  Next, this site is offering you "free"  information about how to be more credit savy.....  Yes, they do have a partnership program when you accept a reccomended offer, still yet it is designed to help you succeed.......Sometimes we can create our own enemies......  Use these services to your advantage, if you feel that uneasy about it, then just delete your profile.....

I don't get the emails for offers, so you may not have opted out of those.  Recheck your settings. I am pretty quick with the delete button and, for the bulk mail that fills my box, that goes through the shredder for recycling. And I investigate my credit union or the other banks I've dealt with before considering an offer from here, because they usually have a better deal.