Question

KMcHank

Credit Karma scores are very misleading!
I went through a BK recently and wanted to check my credit scores. Credit Karma told me my score was a 714. I thought, "wow! That's awesome!" However, when I went to buy a car, the dealership ran my actual credit scores and they ranged from 509 to 524.
So, that was quite a rude awakening. Just wanted to let others know how misleading the Credit Karma scores were.

misleading information

I recently had the same thing happen. Credit Karma is not showing correct scores.

Misleading only because not whole lot of creditors are using it for their lending decisions, if you find one whom use it? then CK's scores are absolutely spot on. Same goes for any other score models, and we do have 100s score models out there.

The actual purpose of Credit Karma is to teach how credit works and they do so very well.  By following the advice and making needed changes, my score has gone up.  I do not take all the offers here, either, but make my decisions based on personal research.

The scoring model on Credit Karma is Advantage, not FICO.  Its formulas are quire different.  Having access to your credit information on this site is the most important, letting you know what is reported and tips on making it better.

icuhowie

Where have you been for the past 2 years?  

The Scores supplied by this site are from the Vantage Score 3.0 Model.