Question

darlingnikki

Credit Karma scores are 652. Looking for a first time buyer auto loan.
My two scores on Credit Karma are 652 (unsure of my Experian score). I have been at my current job for 3 months but have not been unemployed for over 5 years. I'm 30 and have only had one line of credit, a Visa card through my credit union and I'll have had it for a year next month. I've never maxed it out but the utilization is high (around 80%). But i haven't used it in over 3 months and make more than the minimum payment and always on time. My income is 2000 dollars a month before taxes. My credit union wouldn't approve me for an auto loan. What are my chances of getting a loan, and through which lender? Any suggestions?

1st thing you want to do is PAY THAT CREDIT CARD OFF! 

2nd Save for a Nice Used Card,  Build up your savings

3rd,  google Dave Ramsey   and start Reading.

Do Not Get a Auto Loan.

darlingnikki

Enter Your ReplyUnfortunately I don't have much time to save for another car. I have a 1993 Honda Civic and my boyfriend and I share it. It's has over 210 k miles on it. My new job is merchandising and requires me to drive at least 500 miles a week. My current car has been having one little issue after another and as you know that will start to add up. I haven't been able to pay my credit card off because I have to save for a down payment on another car. I'm just looking for something a few years older and around 50 to 75 k miles. I'm only wanting something around 10 k dollars, maybe leas. No lofty goals here. My job pretty much depends on me having reliable transportation and that's my main objective. My current car just isn't being reliable anymore and I don't have nearly enough to buy anything outright. I have about 2000 right now and need something yesterday.