Question

markmunsee

credit karma score never changes?
Anyone have this same issue? been on here for 5 months

Most Helpful Response

Mine hasn't either, but it's no big deal.  Credit Karma information is just here for your education in using the tools on this site.  It is not reported to anyone else, ever!!

markmunsee

Yeah, I use myfico.com to keep track of my score.

Useless website - score hasn't changed

I don't know if it's something wrong with the site or what, but my "score" here hasn't changed in a year and is almost 30 points below my actual FICO score that I pay to get.  It used to update at least once a month, so I don't know why it seems to be stuck.  I keep checking once a month or so to see if it ever changes but this seems to be a waste of time. I'll stick with myfico.com, credit.com, and creditsesame.com that at least give accurate information and real scores. 

I am having the same problem.  I hadn't used any credit in a very long time, and decided I wanted to get my credit rating in decent shape.  I set up an account on Credit Karma first.  Then I got a $500 secured card from my bank.  Five or six months later, I added more to that, bringing it to a $1000 account.  I've been making payments twice a month, keeping a small balance (around 10%) and being very careful to make sure that I never have a higher balance when it's time for my bill to come out.  And none of this has mattered a bit to Credit Karma.  Getting a new card, getting a higher balance, nine months of having credit and making payments, and my score shows exactly the same as it did the day I created my account.

It seems very unlikely to me that my actual credit score hasn't changed, and much more likely that Credit Karma simply doesn't bother to update the scores they display.