Question

davidaltman

Credit Karma Score Fluctuations? - Loan Shopping
My score recently was on an upswing, went from 650 - 740 in three months on Credit Karma (many 7 year items dropped off and I paid off 80% of my debts). So I decided to move forward with my loan auto refinance shopping and applied at 15-20 or so auto refinance companies within a 7 day period. As the inquiries came in, my score kept dropping daily.

Now I KNOW I can apply for 14 days (or 45 days depending on score model) and it would be treated as 1 inquiry. I also verified with my most recent bank applied to that my score is 746... Credit Karma just dropped to 708 today.

Question is: Do Credit Karma scores take into account this "Loan Shopping" credit inquiry model or is there something else I am missing that is bringing my score down the last few days?